If you currently spend most of your time indoors due to limited mobility then chances are you probably spend the majority of your time sitting on your couch, sofa or recliner watching your favourite soap opera, and may be looking for a way to make this activity more enjoyable.
Fortunately, for you 'TV Tray Tables' have been specifically invented for this purpose, and in this article we will cover everything you need to know about this amazing tool.
Table of Contents
- What are TV Tray Tables
- Benefits of TV Tray Tables
- Considerations When Choosing a TV Tray Table
- Best TV Tray Tables for Elderly
What are TV Tray Tables
TV tray tables are a type of furniture that are designed to provide a convenient surface for eating, writing, or other activities while sitting in front of the television.
They are typically made of durable materials such as wood, heavy duty plastics, fiberglass and metal and feature a flat surface with legs that fold up for easy storage.
Available in a range of sizes and shapes to suit different needs, some even come with a couch handle to assist the elderly with getting up from a sitting position.
Benefits of TV Tray Tables
Although anyone can really benefit from the convenience of enjoying meals on tray tables while watching movies, elderly people with limited mobility are more likely to get the most utility from this furniture due to longer periods of time spend indoors sitting on the sofa or recliner.
- Convenience: TV tray tables provides you with the convenience of being able to eat, read and work in the comfort of your couch.
- Safety: some TV tray tables come with couch handles, which make it easier for you to get up from a sitting position, and reduces the risk of falls.
- Portability: unlike dining tables which a bigger and bulkier, TV tray tables are lightweight and portable.
Considerations When Choosing a TV Tray Table
When shopping around for the best TV Tray Table for your need, there are many things you need to take into consideration such as:
- Will the TV Tray Table be compatible with your couch, sofa or recliner?
- Is tray big enough for your needs whether it be eating your meal or working on your laptop?
- How much weight can the table top withstand?
- Is it height adjustable to a level that would be comfortable for you to use?
- Can the table be effortlessly swivelled away with straining your muscles?
- Does it come with a couch handle to make it easier for you to get up from a sitting position?
- Can you afford to purchase the TV tray table and would it be worth the investment?
Best TV Tray Tables for Elderly
At Mobility Shop Direct, we believe that the following two TV Tray tables are best for Elderly with limited mobility because they feature handles that assist you with getting up from a sitting position, and also can swivel out of the way to reduce the risk of falls and muscle strains.
Omni Swivel TV Tray Table with Couch Handle
Couch Swivel Tray with Cane
“Excellent, product perfect for purpose, extremely fast delivery and My 87 year old Mother Loves it.”
- Helen M.|★★★★★
“It is ideal for my husband - can do all he needs to with the tray within easy reach. Writing, eating etc ”
- John D.|★★★★★
Share on Facebook: