If you or a loved one has mobility issues, and struggle to bathe or shower, then you may be in the market for a shower chair. But with so many shower chairs on the market, how do you know which one is right for you?
Fortunately for you, we've written the Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Right Shower Chair for Seniors, which will empower you to choose the right shower chair for your needs.
Table of Contents
- Benefits of Using a Shower Chair for Seniors
- Factors to Consider When Choosing a Shower Chair for Seniors
- Types of Shower Chairs for Seniors
- Conclusion: Choosing the Right Shower Chair
1: Benefits of Using a Shower Chair for Seniors
There are many benefits to using shower chairs for seniors:
- They make it easier and safer to shower.
- They provide a stable and comfortable seat to sit on while showering.
- They make it easier for you to get up or sit down from sitting position.
- They reduce the risk of slips and falls in the bathroom.
- They are more economical than bathroom modifications.
- They allow you to maintain your independence.
2: Factors to Consider When Choosing a Shower Chair for Seniors
There are a number of factors to consider when shopping for shower chairs to meet your specific needs.
- Can the shower chair be adjusted to suit your height?
- Is it wide enough for you to comfortably sit on?
- What is the weight capacity of the shower chair?
- Will it easily fit in your shower or bathtub?
- Do you need side arms to help you get up and down from sitting position?
- Do you need cut-away front to easily clean your private parts?
- Do you need a backrest for extra back support?
3: Types of Shower Chairs for Seniors
Depending on your needs, shower chairs and shower stools come in a variety of shapes, sizes and styles to accommodate for your shower and bathroom size, and well as your height and weight.
If space is at a premium, and you can safely sit without much assistance, then shower stools are a great options, as they are lightweight, compact, and convenient to use. These come in in a variety of shapes and sizes, and some even have arms and cut away front to make it easier for you to clean the bottom half of your body.
Compact Corner Bathroom Shower Stool
Shower Stool with Cutaway Front and Arms
“This stool is great for a smaller shower space. It fits neatly into a corner but is generous in size to sit on and very stable.”
- Marylin R.|★★★★★
“My mum has just turned 100 years old, and she has difficulty with her knees. She has only used the chair twice and is feeling much safer in the shower and is having a much more enjoyable one. Thank you, I think give her a week and she will love it.”
- Valda H.|★★★★★
If on the other hand, you need a bit more support and tend to sit down for longer periods of time in the shower, then you may want to consider a shower chair, which includes a backrest to make it more comfortable to sit down by providing more back support. Shower chairs often have arms to make it easier for you to get up and down from sitting position, a cutaway front to easily clean private parts, and are available with different weight capacities.
Folding Shower Chair with Cut Away Front
Heavy Duty Foldable Shower Chair 160kg
“The shower chair is cleverly built, and serves its function well. The service from the supplier and distributor was truly exceptional...”
- Tony F.|★★★★★
Conclusion: Choosing the Right Shower Chair
In conclusion, showers chairs are must-have in every Senior Australian's home as they make it easier and safer to shower independently, and greatly reduce the risk of slips and falls in the bathroom, but it is essential to consider various factors such as height adjustment, weight capacity, back rest, arms, and size of bathroom aids.
Place your order today through our online shop and experience our world-class customer support. You can also call us if you have any questions at 1300 132 952, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share on Facebook: